Monday, August 31, 2009

For Bea, my only regular reader

013So, the day after you left, the flower that I so much wanted to be blooming when you came burst forth in glory.  I am amazed at how well this hardy hibiscus has done this year.  I wonder if this will make me complacent, expecting it to make it through every winter, and then losing it one year unexpectedly.  This is a plant that I have no historical knowledge of.  I really didn't ever know about them until last year.  This is the second year here, and it sure came back nicely this time with basically no protection or special treatment.  So, here's hoping that it will be a regular late summer phenomenon. 

2 comments:

Terry Dawson said...

you have irregular readers ... nice flower!

Wisconsin Climber said...

Actually, more than one or two.